Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Longest Day of the Year

It is the longest day of the year. 

In the literal sense...
....as opposed the the emotional/proverbial/me-complaining-about-a-long-day sort of blog post you may be used to.

I have a lot on my mind.
But today it feels better to express the things I am thankful for. 

This young man.
He takes such good care of his mama.
And actually takes pride in it. 
Responsible.
Fun.
Kid.
Young Man. 
I am a lucky mama.

Smoothies.
Natural ingredients
Blended together
Tastes like it should be bad for you....
....but totally not.


This girl.
Doesn't always like to read.
She struggles in a way that her older sister never had to.
Making it difficult to try, when she is really thinking of measuring up.

Here she is reading out loud to her mama.
And mama is loving the effort
But mostly
Mama loves spending time with this girl.


Good Job, Claire-Bear....you are better than you give yourself credit for.

And this girl
Watching TV
After spending the afternoon with a friend
And telling me
that there is
NO WAY
that she is tired......



Marz wouldn't let me take a picture of her.
But it wouldn't feel right to mention things that i am thankful for without mentioning her.


yesterday, I posed a question to all of my kids....and all seemed to want to answer in a way that they believed to be positive.  For me. 

But Marz didn't say a word.
And her silence spoke louder than any words could have.

And her silence was a word from God to me.

DEAR MARISA,
thank you.
mama loves you.

And here is the NON-PICTURE
to go along with the NON WORDS she didn't speak:

No comments:

Post a Comment