Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School, 2012


It's the first day of school.  For these two, it's their 10th first day and 6th first day.
They have something in common today: It is the first day in a new wing of the school for both.
Both are excited.  
Both are nervous. 
They talked about it all morning while they snuggled on the couch and Marz did Tookie's hair.



Here's the freshman:
I'm believing there is an exciting year she is heading off into.



And the 5th grader:
My baby girl is a big girl.
Somebody told me last night that I need to start letting her be that.
We'll see.



These two got ready early enough and decided to sweep out the garage while waiting for the others.


Here's my 6th grader.
Oy.
It's hard to type that out as a caption with her photo.
Where is the time going?


The girls.
Clearly used to the first day of school photo shoot I do every year.
They may just be mocking me in this one.


The Wildcat is a sophomore.
That means it's his 11th first day of school.
Suddenly I have a lump in my throat and I can't breath normally without a sob sort of sneaking out.  



Group shots:
 Everybody hurried up and got ready for the first day of school.
And then suddenly....
 ...they drove off.
Into the land of another year of education.
 I insisted that I would spend my first morning of school running and dancing and skipping around the block in celebration.



That is what I intended to do.
But the feeling of celebration felt more like a nervous pit in my stomach and the only thing that ran were a few tears.

Happy 11th, 10th 7th and 6th first day of school to my kids.
Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment