Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's the little things....

It really is.
It is the little things that I hope I will remember for the rest of my life.
Because it is those seemingly little things that make the biggest difference to me.

Like my kids coming home, while on their long week with dad, to say hi.
And tell me they miss me.
And for my son, who hasn't seem me in 24 hours, to say....."mama, you smell good!"
.....and the reality is that I smell the same as I did 24 hours ago, he just must sort of miss me.

And my 12-yr-old to say "mama......(fill in the blank cuz i just want to not reveal what she really said cuz it could work against her in her other house....) and topped off with an "i miss you"

And my 10-year-old who comes in, gives me a big hug and thanks me for being home at right that exact time....she tells me to "check my phone."  I did.  30 seconds after she is out the door again a text comes thru...."i luv u"

Or Brain's son who tells me...."i need more (spagetti) sauce.  No seriously, I do.  this is the best spagetti sauce I have ever had."

Or another who refers to me as his "dad's wonderful girlfriend"



And oh my heart.....
....is all about those little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment