Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Death of a Dream

“Dreams are always crushing when they don't come true. But it's the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You're always close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and it's enough to break your heart.”
Nicholas Sparks, Three Weeks with My Brother

The Death of a Dream.....I have experienced a few of those in my life.....and am going through that process again right now. 

How are you supposed to grieve a death of this sort? 
What exactly is the protocol?
I should know it by now.
But somehow....I don't know.

I recognize the depression associated with the death of a dream.
And I know it isn't like mourning the death of a person....because I know I can find a new dream.

But it is a "death" of sorts.
And not many know what the dream even was....
....so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it
or if I do...if people will get it because it was so personal.

There aren't any sympathy cards out there for when a dream dies.
There isn't anybody offering up prayers
And cooking meals
And stopping by
While you are in mourning.....

...because I guess it is just something you have to "go" through.

hopefully I can "grow" through it.

uhg.

No comments:

Post a Comment