Monday, September 5, 2011

Update...to the previous post

So. 
Guess what.

I got me one of those jay-ohhh-bee's.

And it is a good one. 

It is a job that I didn't really know that I wanted, but applied for a while back.  The pay seemed great and it is fairly local.  And part-time....

....which means I can keep up with the freelance work that I LOVE. 

I had a feeling when I first applied that the competition for a local, decent paying position would be fierce. 
It wasn't that bad.
I scored an interview.
And the interview was flawless. 
They even said they were hoping to find a qualified applicant who also had something else on the backburner....(like a freelance writer????) and was not worried about working 40 hours a week. 

I thought they were going to offer me the position during the interview.

But they didn't.  There is a process to these things, I guess.

Two days later I get a phone call and the conversation goes like this:

Potential Employer:  I wanted to thank you for interviewing with us...
Me:  (thinking this is the kiss-off call)
Potential Employer:  You were our selection for the position.
Me:  Really?  Great....for a second there, I thought you were telling me I didn't get the job.
Potential Employer:  Well....that part is coming.
And then he tells me how they had someone call in who was interested in transferring from a different office...meaning they already had the experience and the training.  (so basically this is the kiss off part)

I understood.  Totally.  But I was super bummed.  Because this particular job seemed like the answer to some of my prayers.  I was looking for a part time job that was preferably local that paid me enough so that I could count on a regular pay check...but still be able to take on writing assignments AS WELL AS have the time to launch this thing...this project/ministry that has been on my heart for...too long. 

But this job was not meant to be. 

So I spent all last weekend pouting and crying and wondering What now? 

I started trying to make plans for applying for other jobs.  Or vamping up the online writing and transcription that I do so I can add some more to the pocketbook.  This is fine, I concede; but doesn't leave me much time for other things. 

And the whole last weekend and week-long....I still felt God sort of whisper "JUST WAIT FOR Me." 

And I am all like....um....wait for what?  What. EXACTLY?  Because if I go tell my landlady that God is telling me to "wait" and that means she has to wait for the rent check...um...well, I'm not exactly sure she is going to understand that.  I mean, I can see the rubber-truck people coming to take me away even as I ask the questions. 

And before you start to think that I am all crazy in the head...having these conversations/arguements with God that could suspicioulsy look like a bit of "crazy" to the casual observer.  And my kids.  And boyfriend.  And I'm not sure...but my  mom might have suspected a dash of "crazy" going on as well.

...but before YOU start thinking that....read this. 

One week after I got the kiss-off call....I got another one.  From the Potential Employer.  Who asked if I was still interested in the position.  Because if I was...then the job is mine. 

So this weekend...I am thanking God for the job...and the fact that I am probably a little border-line in the "crazy" department. 

Crazy enough to wait for the job that is indeed an answer to prayer!

And that "other work" that is on my heart to do?  I can hardly wait to tell you about it!  But...I have to listen to the voice in my head...telling me to wait....for now.

I know...kind of crazy, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment