Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dear Worst Case Scenario,

My name is Robin. 
We have met before--but under different circumstances.
I am familiar with you and your work. 
And I must say, I am not much of a fan.

You looked different when our paths last crossed. 
I have faced you on behalf of a friend.
I have confronted you on different issues in my personal life.
And we have had our fair share of compromising. 

It isn't your fault you are the Worst Case Scenario.
And I can objectively say that even though I hate you,
I appreciate the balance that you bring to your opposite: the Best Case Scenario.
It's like a dose of reality.

But I have to say
That when I'm dealing with thoughts of
the Best Case Scenario
and even your second cousin--Most Likely Scenario,
I hate how you seem to be able to creep into my thoughts.

So Dear Worst Case Scenario,
I know you are real
And I mean no disrespect
But I am not going to let you ruin my day and the days to come.
Afterall, you are only One of many Scenarios.
And even though this is the first time we are meeting up under these particular circumstances....
Don't think I won't kick your ass. 

Respectfully,
Robin

1 comment: