Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Slight Hitch

Hitch.
Limp.
A normal abnormality.

All words or phrases that describe the current gait that I walk in. 

(that was a wordy way to tell you that i twisted my ankle a couple nights ago and now I am limping.)

Here's what happened:  I stepped in a hole and twisted my ankle.  It hurt a little bit at the time, but a-lot-bit the next morning when my feet first hit the floor. 

I didn't think too much of it at the time.  
This is because I have a natural tendency towards tripping over imaginary objects.
I'm naturally uncoordinated. 
Read:  I'm a klutz. And I trip over things that do not exist.  But I try to pretend that they do.  Which means that I probably have issues that go beyond that of not being gifted with grace. 

Anyways, after I limped my way to the bathroom and then to my coffee on the counter, I discovered that if I walked more on the inside of my foot, I couldn't really feel much pain at all in my ankle. 

Unfortunately, I am naturally slightly pigeon toed.  So my natural walk is sort of on the outside of my foot.  This caused a lot of pain. 

So I consciously tried to walk more on the inside of my foot so I could cut down on that pain.
But walking that way still felt un-natural....So it still looked like I was limping.

And I sort of was.
It felt like the equivalent of  writing with my left hand. 
I can do it.
It just comes out pretty awkward. 

Here I am, sitting on my kitchen counter, journaling about my klutzy and awkward experience, when I sort of get this feeling that God is trying to tell me something. 
In that really-weird way that God likes to talk to me through my own bizarre limping-thru-life-experiences....

....that I journal about.
aka:  blog.

And I sort of get it.

My own pigeon-toed way of doing things that feels completely natural to me,
May not be the way that God wants me to walk (in the figurative sense here).

And when I try to walk the way He wants me to....I may still have to limp
Because it just doesn't seem natural. 

And even tho it feels uncomfortable,
it comes with a lot less pain. 

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21


Do you find yourself limping through some stuff too?  

I'm right there with ya.  






No comments:

Post a Comment