Monday, January 16, 2012

I just wanted someone to know....

There is no value in me sharing this with you
excepting for the (perhaps false?) sense that when I blog,
it feels like having someone sitting across the kitchen table and sharing a cup of coffee.
Or a glass of wine.

And that, I know firsthand, is cheaper than therapy.

So in no particular order
And only because I wanted someone to know:

Yesterday I got to focus on this young lady and her basketball team while they practiced.
This was the bright spot of my weekend.

Today I was a plumber.
And unlike other attempts at home repair where I have to end up calling someone to fix the fix that I tried to fix....
....I was successful.

This is where me and my wrench spent some quality time this morning.
I am happy to report that the bathroom sink drain is working properly.
For now.

Speaking of quality time and bathrooms, (I know, nice transition, right?) I spent the better part of Friday and all of Saturday getting all close and reacquainted with this:
I don't get sick alot, but when I do, I sure do.
I missed work.
And most importantly, I missed a couple of evening basketball games of the girls' that I would have been able to make had I not been sick.

But now that now that I am not sick, I have a whole new outlook on life and am incredibly thankful that my head isn't hanging over the pot. 

(I don't know why I had to take a picture of my toilet.  But I did.  It's my potty and I'll blog it if I want to)


And lastly, I just wanted someone to know that I am nervous for tomorrow.  I have to work to make up for what I missed on Saturday.  So I will be driving and delivering mail and I get a tiny bit nervous spending 6 hours on roads that could be getting wet tonight and freezing tomorrow. 

Just sayin'.
That's all.

Clearly I have issues.
Pray for me.


And for sure my last thing that I have to throw up  out there is that it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  I spent it watching "The Express."  I have a weakness for inspirational football movies.

I also read a great quote by MLK Jr. that is appropriate for today and every day:

“On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?" And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?" But Conscience asks the question "Is it right?" And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right.”
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not glamorous, I've been sick too, and am in my PJ's (like the PJ's, hate being sick!). I also don't have any wine (I don't drink, but see nothing wrong with others ejoying it ;), or coffee (I don't drink that either, unless it is the sweet, whipped, flavored variety, (that disguises that coffee taste), at the gas station. However, I could use some ginger ale soon. Is that OK for a reader of this blog to share with you as she reads? LOL! Sorry to hear you have been sick too :( and I hope you never have to miss another game! I know how precious those are to us moms. I will be praying for as you do your route tomorrow. I have all the confidence that you will do great though!

    ReplyDelete