Saturday, January 28, 2012

So Thankful

Today I am so grateful.

So Thankful.

For friends.

Friends that are moms.

We are friends because of our common circles....our kids.

I have taken this group of friends for granted...
....until now.

I work on Saturdays.  This is fairly new to me.

All 3 of my girls play basketball on Saturdays.
This is not new.
But me missing these games because I work on this day is new.

I hate that.
But we all like to eat and wear clothes and live. 
Which means, now...mama works on Saturdays.

One of my daughters, in particular, hates this. 
She can't help it. It's not her fault. She is the one who is most used to me being wherever she is...cheering her on.

The younger two hate it.
But get it. 

Today, I realized exactly how much the mama circle I used to see on saturdays really is more than just a circle of mamas. 

I received several text messages from the Dubuque Iowa Games. 
Updates, scores, and that they were there for my Marz.

I was able to text a fellow 5th grade mama who passed along a very, very (very) important message onto my 5th grader.  And I received a few texts back to let me know that the very, very (very) important message was well-timed and received.

And my 4th grade go-to-mama stand in was not only a coach, but it was her birthday as well.  And she still took the time to tell me how my Tookie was doing. 

All while I was at work. 

I am thankful for this group of people.
I will not take them for granted.
Ever.
Again. 

They were my lifeline today.

No comments:

Post a Comment