Thursday, October 11, 2012

This Week's Jeff's Market Savings...

Just so you know...I'm down with a cold this week.  Not feeling like shopping for much more than chicken soup. 

But I didn't have to shop for it.  Because I had it in my cupboard from when it was on sale last week. 
Yeah. 

So I'm not up for cooking much right now, but looks like a bunch of baking items are on sale this week at Jeff's.  So that's what I'm gonna buy. 

Cuz pretty soon, I will be baking a bunch for Christmas parties and cookie exchanges and all of that calorie-packing nonsense. 

ON SALE NOW:
Flour
Sugar
Butter
Powdered Sugar
Assorted baking chips
Eggs


MAGNIFY THE SAVINGS:
If you go to magnifythesavings dot com you can find a coupon for flour and eggs I think.
You can also find one for the Our Family Bread Dough which is on sale this week. 

Clip some other coupons of stuff you normally use while you are there but save them for a few weeks to see if they will make it to the sale flier...which will save you more. 

I'm clipping the Paper Towel coupon and some soup coupons.  (As in Chicken Noodle Soup)

MEAT ON SALE:
T-Bone Steak $5.99/lb.
Center Cut Rib Chops $1.99/lb
Chicken Breast $2.49/lb.



2 RECIPES BASED ON SHOPPING LIST:

I'm not gonna bake, but here is what I would if I felt good enough:

Oh forget it....i will share this all purpose cookie dough one later.

I have to cook for the kids...so here is a marinade recipe that I have used for pork, beef and chicken.  Use it for any one of the meats on sale this week:

Please keep in mind that these measurements are approximate:

1 C. Oil
Almost-a-Cup Soy Sauce
Few T. Worcestershire sauce
Rounded spoon of mustard
Salt
Pepper
1/4-ish C. vinegar
Some lemon juice (1 lemon or maybe like 3-4 T.)
Parsley (because it just looks green and pretty and should be added anyway)
Garlic Powder (this one is totally to taste as well. I like garlic)

Mix it and marinade for at least an hour.  More is better. 

Happy Feeding-Your-Family.....cuz food is sposed to be fun. 


I'm wondering.....how do you save money while shopping locally?

No comments:

Post a Comment