Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Annual Tribute to Teachers....

So I know that I should be paying tribute to teachers, like EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

or at the very least, every single monday.


Because I love them and they are wonderful to my kids and they are good at what they do and i KNOW what they put up with just for mine, but then throw in 20 or 40 more and all i can say is



I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DON'T GO HOME BEGGING FOR A TYLENOL OR PROZAC EVERY DAY!


but that's just me.



I was reminded of this when i went on a field trip with a school bus full of 3rd graders.


This is how I started off my day:

*insert picture of a mt. dew with a devotional that I took but no longer exists because i was stupid and didn't back up my pictures and lost everything that will forever be known in my heart as the crash of 2010*

That's a devotional next to my mt. dew.

A little prayer and caffiene to start things off seemed appropriate.



And this would be how I ended it.......

*insert a picture of a coors light*

I'm just going to let the picture speak for itself.
*if, of course, that picture still existed*




I loved the day. Museum scavenger hunt, lunch outside, IMAX movie.....spending time with Claire-bear with her friends....

all fun and good.

But the bus ride home about did me in.
It was the little things.
Like the loud girls I sat with. and their laughter.
And the blue icy that I got spilled on me.
And the fact that they pointed out that I had hairy legs.
And it should be noted that some 3rd graders need to start wearing deoderant.

I sort of wanted to walk home.

Or run.

But that was just 30 minutes.

I can't imagine spending 7 hours a day 5 days a week that are just full of all of these LITTLE things that get on my nerves.

So.....Thank you teachers.
I owe you a drink.









































No comments:

Post a Comment