Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quad Cities Christian Writers' Conference: MY PLAN OF ATTACK!

So.

I've put aside my writing time this week to just get my act together for this years Quad Cities Christian Writers' Conference. 

It's this Friday and Saturday.

Last year I won an award there.  Awesome pat on my back, thank you very much. 

So this year, I want to go and make sure that I look like I was actually worthy of that award. 

Right?
Right.

Oh, the pressure of trying to look worthy. 

I don't know why I worry.  I've actually accomplished more in the last year...writing and publishing-wise...than I have in the last 10. 

So here is what I am trying to get ready.....
  • A children's book.  I wrote it years ago.  Never took the steps to submit it to publishers.  I've got the manuscript. 
  • Some IDEAs that I have for speaking topics.  It has been several years since I have been asked to be a speaker at a MOPS group.  But when I did it, I knew that it was something that I wanted to pursue more....I guess I need to just get out there and do it?  As in, market myself?  I have 2 really good, but really different ideas....and anywhere from 3 to 33 ideas if you count the ones that exist in my head.  But 2 of them are written out.
And here is the biggie...are you ready for it?
  • It's my blog.  Yep.  This one.  This year, there are a few sessions offered on blogging.  Anything from beginner to advanced.  And I want to have my blog critiqued by a professional and get some tips on how I can maybe use this space in a more "professional" manner.  Or, if nothing else, write it off as a medical expense.....In case you haven't noticed, this blog does serve as my therapy, you know. 
So here is my plan of attack for this weekend:

shhhhhhh.....don't tell, but I'm going to stalk all of the authors on the faculty this year. 
Oh, yes.  I really am.
For 2 entire days.
I know where they are all staying.
And I've booked a room in the same hotel.
When they eat a meal, I'll be there.
Walking to the pool...I'm there.
Breakfast at the hotel....me too.
Need a ride to the conference?....hey, I'm headed the same way!
Oh, are you an editor?  Really?  Well, it just so happens.....

So.
What do you think?
Leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Great plan, Robin! Good luck (like you need it).
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete