Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Treasuring the Process

Claire Bear~

Tackling a big project.
Just because.
Trying so hard.
And doing such a great job.

Love watching her go through the process:
excitement
frustration
a smile when she gets it
more frustration 'cause it just isn't coming out quite right.
a tear

a hug from mama and a little reassurance that i treasure the project, not matter what it looks like....
and i treasure being able to witness the moment...
and I never want to forget it.


Here she is...crocheting. 

She has seen me pick up an ongoing (as in: three years in the making) crochet project.
My grandma taught me years ago. 
I picked the hobby back up about 15 or 20 years ago....it was a distraction tactic I used when I was trying to quit smoking.  (I know.  Bad Robin. Peer pressure and college bars.  Don't judge)

Anyway...back to Claire....love this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment