Sunday, April 10, 2011

A small recap of this weekend


So.

You know I was at the Quad Cities Christian Writers' Conference this weekend....

I went with the intention of "stalking" (not in that creepy sort of way, although could be misinterpreted as such) as many authors and editors as I could.

On that front, I have to say I was successful. 

Met with some, had dinner with some, got autographs from some, learned ALOT from some, ....
got business cards from one,
got a possible lead for writing book reviews from one,
and
I heard from God through one of the speakers.

Crazy?  Maybe. 
Inspiring?  Definitely.


And you know what else I learned? 

Writers are, well, a different sort of people.

"Different" could be coined "crazy," "funny," "weird..."

And all I have to say about that is

NO WONDER I FIT IN AT THE WRITERS' CONFERENCE.

how have i missed this for all of these years?

No comments:

Post a Comment