Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'--Here's What's Cookin'

This week's calendar holds another round of a bunch of everybody going in different directions at night. 

And besides sports, we have a very special birthday to celebrate this week. 

And no school during the day. 

While I may not know how I am going to be in a half a dozen places in one day.....I do know what we will be eating. 

I'm always thinking about food. 

Last week, the Wildcat had lots of games to go to at night and lived off of the concession stand fare.  This week, I have something cooked up for him to grab either before or after his games. 
Who am I kidding.....he's gonna eat before and after his games. 

This week's recipe for a CROWD who may or may not show up at ANY time of the day or night wanting to eat:

Little League BeefBurgers
This recipe serves 12.  I made enough for 24.  If we don't eat it all, it will freeze

2 1/2 pounds ground beef
10 oz chicken gumbo soup
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. ketchup
1 T. Mustard
1/4 C. Oatmeal
12 Hamburger buns

cook the beef.  stir in all the other stuff.  it's good. 


So what's cooking at your house this week? 
And I'm curious....do you let your kids graze all day?  Or do you have set-in-stone snacks and meals? 

I wonder because the Wildcat is ALWAYS hungry....so he is pouring a bowl of cereal about 17 minutes after I have dinner put away. 
....So then the little girls wanna "snack" too....but I know they aren't really hungry. 

What do you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment