Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Vacation: Day 1

Sing it with me:

There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes around just to end it
So the annual problem of our generation
Is finding a good way to spend it....

Yes.  Day 1.
I attempted to get 1 writing project done. 
2 would have been nice. 

I fielded 14 questions that started out with "What are we having for....."
...and ended with breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack.  Take your pick. 

I started blowing up the slip and slide when I must have looked like I was turning blue and then Brian went and got an air pump to blow it up.

I stumbled upon a snake slithering all in the garden hose, so I refused to get close to it leaving no slip and slide fun until Brian and Nathan located the evil thing and killed it. 

So now because of that, I am sure to spend the first night of summer vacation having nightmares. 
I really do hate snakes. 

I planted flowers and said "no" about a thousand times to the question "can we go to the pool?" 

I dropped off one wildcat to a practice, grilled some chicken, bandaged an owie, made one trip to the grocery store, and edited an assignment. 

I spent a lot of time worrying about whether or not I am going to get any paying work done this summer, cause everybody seems to need mama. 

Then I remembered....there is value in being needed. 

Just won't be taking that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment