Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Countdown to a New Year

Not "new years"
But a "new year."

In 5 days I will turn 39.

And by "39" I mean 39.

Not the "39-that-i-will-pretend-to-be-when-i-am-way-past-39" 39. 
But really 39.

Got it?
Okay, good.

So I am counting down the days, but in a good way.
I have lots of good "new things" that God has given me in the way of new opportunities and new work.
Things that only He can orchestrate.
It is like a really bright purple thread that God has weaved throughout my life and experiences.  And even though many of these experiences, seasons and jobs can look completely random on the outside, God seems to have had a purpose in it all. 

And maybe now, God thinks I am old enough to put some more pieces of the puzzle called my life together. 

It feels kind of like a gift. 
For my birthday!

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
~ Isaiah 43:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment