Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a Winter Blizzard

Like, seriously.
A blizzard.

School got out early.
Won't be goin tomorrow.

So I ran to the store to make sure I was stocked up on things that would make us happy while snowed in.

Eggs, bread and wine were on the list.

(hey...bread and wine is like, biblical.  don't judge)

It is possible, however, that I have too much sugar in this house. 
I mean...if we are all gonna be in close proximity....sugar highs can be dangerous.
And fun. 



So we've already made cookies.  These are SOOO good.  Homemade sugar cookies sandwiched together with strawberry preserves then dipped in melted chocolate. 
(I had the cookies already made and in the freezer from Christmas time)



And so these are good.  And pretty.  They would make a nice gift for a friend or neighbor.
But, as I mentioned, we are in the middle of a BLIZZARD.
So we will have to eat them.
All.
Ourselves.


So I had some extra chocolate melted and I thought: 
Why not spoil the wholesome goodness of whole wheat ritz crackers by dipping them in chocolate.
And so I could not come up with any good reason to NOT ruin anything healthy by dipping it in chocolate.
So I did. 



 In other news....probably unrelated to all of the sugar in the house....things are loud.  There are some minor irritations going on.  And music too.  (music is unrelated to the irritations.....but not unrelated to the "loud." 


No comments:

Post a Comment